ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN TV SHOW 104 EPISODES + MOVI
|69||2 days|| |
$47 OR BEST OFFER
The show was the first television series to feature Superman and began filming in 1951.
The show ran from September 19, 1952, thru April 28, 1958.
George Reeves played Clark Kent/Superman, with Jack Larson as Jimmy Olsen, John Hamilton as Perry White, and Robert Shayne as Inspector Henderson. Phyllis Coates played Lois Lane in the first season, with Noel Neill stepping into the role in the second (1953) and later seasons.
Actors who landed Superman guest appearances early in their careers include:
• Claude Akins as Ace Miller, criminal in "Peril by Sea": (Akins previously appeared with George Reeves two years earlier in the movie From Here To Eternity).
• Mabel Albertson as Kate White, Perry White's sister, in "Drums of Death".
• John Banner played a butler to a wealthy individual. Banner later became famous as "Sgt Schultz" on 'Hogan's Heroes.'
• Hugh Beaumont as Dan Grayson, an ex-convict wanting to reform his life, in "The Big Squeeze".
• John Beradino as Dexter Brown, in "The Unlucky Number". (Beradino would later become better known to Soap Opera fans as Dr. Steve Hardy on the long running soap General Hospital).
• James Brown as Jim Carson in "Around the World with Superman" (1954)
• Paul Burke as Ace, a criminal, in "My Friend Superman": Matthew Tips in "Superman Week": and Rosy in "The Phantom Ring".
• Jimmy Dodd as Jake in "Double Trouble".
• Chuck Connors as Sylvester Superman in "Flight to the North": his later The Rifleman supporting player Paul Fix had appeared in "Czar of the Underworld" and "Semi-Private Eye":
• Billy Gray as Alan, a teenager who snaps a photo of Superman that may reveal the superhero's earthly identity in "Shot in the Dark".
• Dabbs Greer, in "Superman on Earth", the premiere episode, as a man falling from a dirigible: as a man falsely convicted of murder in "Five Minutes to Doom": and in the dual roles of Mr. Pebble/Dan Dobey in "The Superman Silver Mine". (Greer would become well known years later as Reverend Alden on the television series Little House on the Prairie).
• Ed Hinton as Cave Man in "Through the Time Barrier" and as Joe in "The Phantom Ring".
• Russell Johnson as Chopper in "The Runaway Robot".
• Joi Lansing as Sergeant Helen J. O'Hara, a policewoman posing as the titular character in the episode "Superman's Wife".
• Tyler MacDuff as Frankie in "The Boy Who Hated Superman".
• Eve McVeagh as Mrs Wilson in "The Stolen Elephant".
• Vic Perrin as a sailor called "Scurvy", in "The Golden Vulture".
• Ann Tyrrell as Miss Walton in the first-season episode "The Deserted Village".
COMPLETE EPISODE LIST IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
| || |